The easy-to-read, “how-to” book includes the latest information on carbohydrates, carbo-loading, protein, fluids, sports drinks, fueling for long runs, and weight management – to say nothing of additional wisdom on how to manage to eat well, even if you eat on-the-run and rarely cook.
This quick read is filled with “how to” tips about —
- What to eat before, during, and after long runs, including the marathon itself. (Triathlon training tips included.)
- How to lose weight and have energy to train hard.
- How to fuel well on a daily basis–even if you eat on the run.
In this practical, fact-filled nutrition resource for marathoners, Clark combines her personal experiences and professional expertise to teach novice marathoners how to eat well and enhance their energy. You’ll learn what, when, and how to eat so you can enjoy not only the process of training for the marathon but also participating in the marathon itself with energy to spare. This book is written from Clark’s passion for teaching everyday champions how to use food to help them achieve their marathon goals.
Food Guide for Marathoners is —
- A nutrition guidebook with chapters to help you with day-to-day eating for high energy.
- A sports nutrition resource with chapters about how to fuel for strength and stamina.
- A food book filled with easy ideas for breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners.
- A source of inspiration to help you enjoy the challenge of marathoning.
You’ll Learn How to …
- Eat well, even when you’re pressed for time
- Effectively balance carbohydrates, protein, and fat into your sport diet
- Choose the best snacks for before, during, and after long runs
- Lose weight and have energy to exercise
- Carbohydrate-load for a marathon
- Complete the entire marathon with energy to spare!
How Clark’s Food Guide for Marathoners is Organized
1. Everyday Eating for Marathoners
2. The Balancing Act: Protein, Fats and Fluids
3. Eating for Long Walks and Runs
4. Weight and Marathoners
Here’s what athletes are saying about Nancy Clark’s Food Guide for Marathoners:
|“What a beautiful and well put together book. I think it is the best, most user-friendly nutrition book I have ever seen. Congratulations!”
Tommy Owens, National Training Director for Team in Training
|“Nutrition has always been an area where I’ve had very little knowledge but always wanted to learn more. I need someone to spell out exactly what I should be eating.Food Guide for Marathoners does this for me!”|
|“Nancy, thank you so much for writing this book for marathoners. My wife was shocked that I not only bought the book but also read it and changed my eating patterns!!!”|
|“I just received your Food Guide for Marathoners and I can’t tell you what a comprehensive resource it is. I am considering training for my first half-marathon, and your Food Guide for Marathoners arrived at the most opportune time. It provides solid, scientifically-backed information with practical applications that accommodate a variety of lifestyles and training schedules. Thank you for dismissing the hype of many unconventional diets and focusing on the nutritional elements that produce true fitness success.”|
Note: For information about bulk orders, please email firstname.lastname@example.org