This presentation Fueling Serious Athletes & Weekend Warriors is geared towards athletes who have a solid knowledge (or so they think) of basic sports nutrition concepts but need in-depth knowledge that addresses their fueling questions and confusion. The target audience includes marathon runners, ultra-runners, highly competitive and elite athletes, CrossFit folks, athletic trainers, registered dietitians, and other sports-health professionals.
The 80 images/slides (with script) offer the science behind sports nutrition recommendations, while addressing the questions curious athletes commonly ask:
- Why don’t I eat what I know I “should” eat?
- Are carbohydrates fattening or performance-enhancing?
- Can athletes who restrict carbs perform optimally?
- What is the right balance of carbs and protein?
- What about protein powders and BCAA supplements?
- Should I choose low glycemic foods before exercise?
- VWhat if pre-exercise food causes intestinal distress?
- What’s best to eat during and after ultra-exercise?
- Does exercise in the heat require extra sodium?
- What about energy drinks…?
- What are the nutrients of concern for athletes?
- How can I design an effective and balanced sports diet?
Available as a PowerPoint download. This presentation takes about 1.5 hours and can easily be divided into shorter modules. It builds upon the concepts presented in the Sports Nutrition presentation targeted to student and novice athletes. When you buy the presentation, you are granted permission to add and delete slides, insert photos of your choice and personalize the information to your needs.